My mom never went anywhere without her camera. When I was growing up we would go everywhere, Disneyland, Yosemite, Sea World and every place whether it be Hawaii or our kitchen my mom would always have her camera with her. It was really important possesion of hers to carry around because my mom treasured every moment she spent with everyone. My mom loved to scrapbook and her scrapbooks were beautiful. It was amazing how she could take a simple roll of film and leave you in awe after flipping only the beginning pages to her wonderful books. We always use to joke and make fun of my mom and give her a hard time when she took pictures and she would say countless times, “One day you will thank me for this.” My mom was really ill and while she was really ill she worked hard on her scrapbooks, until one day she passed away. Now, I look at the shelves in my living room and see fifteen beautiful scrapbooks with thousands of pictures taken by my mom’s camera that she never went anywhere without and now I say thank you.
Very moving story. Thank you for sharing such a heart-warming memory. It is so true how some times we make fun of those who like to take pictures. I am one of those people who love to take my camera every where I go and snap away. You never know what every moment holds and to capture a moment is priceless. I'm glad you have beautiful pictures to look at to keep your memories and your moms spirit alive.
ReplyDeleteI was very touched by your post about your mother. Several years ago I lost two nieces and my brother-in-law to a plane crash. But what was most valued after they were gone were the goofy pictures of the girls when they were being silly. One of my favorites was a picture of them making faces with their mouths open while they held up Indonesian masks with the same expression. Sometimes I forget how valuable the pictures in our lives are... Thank You.
ReplyDelete